Here we go.

18 November 2012

how to weekend

Last weekend, Everett + KMHD invited us to accompany them to stay at a house on Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs.  It was an ideal location for four slow-moving epicureans.  I was in a constant dream-state. I loved it verily.  I hope we get to go back.

Before we went to the lake house, ATM + I stopped at the Pancake Shop for a late breakfast and popped into Moonlight Antiques and Gifts afterward. 
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Whenever I'm looking for old kitchen objects or things for our liquor cart, I like to check at Moonlight Antiques first.  This time, I was looking for receptacles for succulents and cacti so that my friend Steven could fill them with plants.  It was hard to choose because there were so many options, but I'm super pleased with my finds.  The one on left is a lamp.  The one on the right is just classic:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

The shop still had their Halloween display up.  I was blown away by this Big Bird costume because KMHD had the very one when we were little!
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Mummy with herpes? Ol' Bacon Lip?
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

When we arrived at the lake house, it was beautiful and sunny, which is nice.  The next day was gray and rainy, which is nicer.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Everett, ATM + KMHD:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Dog tired:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Grilled lemon/lime.  The smells emanating from this bowl were so intoxicating.  Use for cocktails, tacos, or whatever you put lemon/lime on:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

KMHD + I, post yoga practice:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

We ate well:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

I baked a buttermilk pie:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Kale city:
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

A crow creepin' up on the leftover waffles we set out for him (Photos by KMHD):


Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

No comments:

Blog Archive